Membership at LightChurch
Psalm 92:13 says, “Those that are planted in the house of the Lord will flourish in the courts of our God.” In other words, those who are committed to a church will prosper. They will grow. Just as a plant must be rooted in the ground to grow, a Christian must be planted in the local church.
Church membership is affirming your commitment to a local church as a part of the Body of Christ. As believers in Jesus, we care called to live in a community, and becoming a member of a church is a great first step.
Here at LightChurch, we believe what the scripture says when it refers to us as members of the Body of Christ. Every member has a different function and every member’s function is important (I Corinthians 12:27; Romans 12:3-5). Church membership has a two-fold purpose: giving and receiving.
Here are some life-changing benefits of church membership:
- Family & Friends- Life-long relationships are developed as a result of church membership. You may already have a close-knit family. Having an extended family will only enrich your life.
- Love & Acceptance- The church is the best place for those who feel like they never quite fit in anywhere else. Jesus welcomed with open arms those who had been rejected. We follow His example.
- Belonging & Community- Belonging to a church body provides interactions with other people and creates a social community. That social community can quickly become your support system.
- Opportunity to Make Difference- We believe in serving. We serve one another and we serve our community through a number of outreach opportunities. These are opportunities to reinforce the Christian call to help other people.
- Personal Development- We are all on a journey of personal, spiritual and ethical development. We offer church leadership, discipleship and spiritual development and growth.
- Interdependence- Our Christian life cannot be lived independent of other Christians. We need one other.
How Do You Become a Member?
God made salvation a simple process for those who desire it. Romans 10:9 says, “If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Getting saved is that simple. We have made membership equally as simple:
- Complete the Your Ticket to A Better Life card. This can be done at any time: during service, before service, after service or during the work day.
- Return the completed card to an usher, greeter, church office staff or you may simply place it in the offering receptacle. The cards can be obtained at the church.
Periodically, we offer a New Member’s Class (affectionately referred to as The Pastor’s Class). The class is a must for all new members and is a good time to learn about our church and pastor as well as church doctrine, history, and vision.